Pages

Sunday 6 March 2016

I had a great time at my cousin's graduation!

On Sunday the 28th of February my family had a family barbecue at my grandad's house. It was a celebration for my cousin who has graduated from university. Everybody brought food.

Everybody brought her a gift and my family gave her a envelope with 500 dollars in it. My dad asked me to five it to her. When she opened the envelope and saw the 500 dollars, she jumped and hugged me. She loved all her presents.

After all the presents were opened, it was time to get into our swimming togs and to have a swim in the pool. My cousin and I dived into the pool together. None- of the boys wanted to go in the water so my uncle Sefo pushed them in. 

When we were in the water my older cousin Nina took me around on the tiny board. However I fell off the board and started to drown. My cousin Elijah saw me and he dived into the pool and rescued me. Thank goodness he was here.

Soon after we got changed and it was time for dinner! For dinner we had pork, salad, mash potatoes, oysters, pizza and chips. Next we had movie night and we watched Born to dance and Matilda. After that we all went home and went to bed. 

It was exhausting because it was a really busy day.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand the language features of a recount.

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use past tense and sequencing words correctly in my writing.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Ruby (Lupe)...Keep it up.... I hope you get blogpost of the week/get a certificate for this. Dad will be so proud of you. Ofa atu lil sis <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.