Pages

Tuesday 4 April 2017

The Sacred Heart College fair was so much fun!

Sacred Hearts Fair On Sunday the 27th of March, I went to the Sacred Heart Fair with my dad. I was really excited because I wanted to see all the interesting things that they had there.

In the morning, my dad woke my brother and I up so that we could go to the Sacred Heart fair. Unfortunately my brother didn't want to go so my dad and I got ready and left the house. When we got to Sacred Heart College, I jumped out of the car and ran through the gates. 

When I ran through the gates, I could see tents, bouncy castles, tables and a big yellow truck with speakers in it. I walked down the hill with my dad and we walked directly to the food section because we wanted to find out about the variety of food that they had available. We went to the Tongan tent and got three plates of barbecued food, one for me, one for my dad and one to take home for my mum. 

 We sat at the back with the older men. After I finished my plate of food, I ran around looking at all the different raffles that people were selling. Then I walked back to the Tongan food section and saw my cousins. My cousins were sitting under the tents because my aunties were in charge of the Tongan food tent. Akesa's mum was there. She recognised me and gave me a free watermelon ice cream. It was very delicious.

After a while, my cousin Maxine called me. She called me so that she can give me a lolly but I didn't really want a lolly so I said, "No thank you!" and ran off to my dad. While I was running, I bumped into my cousin Mana.

After running around, I went back to my dad and sat there for a little while. Then I noticed a boy walked past us with his puppy so I asked permission from the owner before I touched the puppy. The owner approved it so I called the puppy over to me. The puppy ran to me and sat on my leg. The puppy was 2 months old. However, soon the owner had to go so I said goodbye to the dog as they left.

Then we stayed there for a whole hour running around and playing games. Then my dad felt a bit tired so we walked to the exit. However when we were walking, my dad saw big tents with raffles and a tent that looked like like it was having a garage sale. We walked around looking at the items but we walked out of Sacred Heart College empty handed. As soon as we got into the car I fell asleep because I was very tired from running around and eating so much food.

 My favourite part of the day was eating the watermelon ice cream because it was my first time eating it and it was very delicious. I wish that I could have stayed there a little bit longer.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts. 
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe my day at the Sacred Heart College Fair.

4 comments:

  1. Cool. What a nice experience you had. I hope you enjoyed the visit at sacred heart college fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy reading your recount and you brought back lovely memories of times I have been to the Sacred Heart fair.

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mrs Burt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.