Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Time to say goodbye ...

As we laid on the cold hard floor, dads body heat warmed up my palm. I am worried about dad, I don't want to lose him. A wind of dust brush past us as I cuddle up on dad's side. It feels as if my soul has left my body. The room feels gloomy. My heart is slowly breaking. I'm feeling emotionally melancholy watching my father fall deeply into a place where I wont be able to see him, ever again.

As the sun rose my spirit settled. I fell onto my knees looking down onto my father's grave.  Waterfalls of tears stream down my puffy cheek and landed on my hand as a group of men continuously bury my father. I place my palm over my heart. I feel dejected as my heart shatters and my dad is finally at serenity.

My fingers are cold and swollen, hugging the treasure box and never giving up my grip. I slowly trudge elsewhere. I stroll away knowing that even though my father isn't physically present, he will always be with me in my heart. Now i will keep his spirit alive and make my family proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.