Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Being the boss is very tiring!

On Saturday the November 5th, it was my sister's sweet sixteenth birthday. After we woke up we all said happy birthday to my sister. We got ready and headed out the door to Look for something to do until it was time to get ready for the birthday dinner. We decided to go out to Onehunga because there was a big sale there.  

My sister, mum and older cousin went to Postie Plus because there was a sale on for items on sales for under 20 dollars. They each bought three bags of of makeup and perfume because they wanted to look pretty and smell nice. My three brothers, Lasike, Patelesio and Tevita walked around with 50 dollars that my mum had given each of us to spend We bought bought toys, colouring pencils, stuffed animals and cases for our electronic devices.

I bought two adult colouring book because they looked interesting, some coloured pencils, An ipad case, Rainbow looms and a Pikachu stuffed toy. My two brothers wanted to go back to when they were five so they bought remote control cars and my other brother bought himself a laptop case, a phone case and an ipad case for his electronic devices.

After that, we had some left over money so we bought a homeless man some food and gave him some money. The homeless man passed on the kindness and shared his food with another man.

After a while, my mum called my brother's phone and arranged for us to meet up at my aunty's apartment. We walked to my aunty's apartment and then we left together and my  mum drove us back home so we could take a shower. I was the first person to take a shower because I had the longest hair in the family and my mum put my hair up in a braided bun. I put on my lovely black and white clothes and went with my dad to pick up my cousin Joan from her house.

When we got back home, everyone was ready so we took some photos to send to my aunty in Tonga because she was missing out on all the fun. After a while, we left the house and drove to Tombo's Restaurant in New Market for our birthday dinner. We all stayed outside while my mum went inside to help set up everything.

After we walked in, everyone settled on their seat and I intorduced myself because I was the boss for the night. I was very nervous because it was different from practising at home in front of my mum and dad. I introduced my brother so that he could say the grace and bless the birthday girl. The tables went in order to make it more easier for everyone else.

After everyone had finished eating, it was time to cut the cake. The cake was a big blue cupcake with chocolate as the wrapper. It was very hard for my sister cut the cake. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to my sister.  My sister and I gave out the little cupcakes


Afterwards, my sister said her thanking speech. My sister's friend Malia Dofa and I took many selfies. Malia Dofa went up and shared her memories with my sister and shared how funny and silly they were when they are together. Afterwards, my three cousins Tute, Seletute and Nunga sang a song that they made up just for my sister. Six other of my cousins Ali, Petra, Katrina, Viane,Vincent and Ivanja and they all said a nice thing about my sister using the letters in her name.

Many other families entertained us as well. Everyone talked and ate some more dessert. Then we took lots of photos outside the restaurant. We had to wait there because my aunty's car got towed.

When we got back home we opened up my sister gifts. She got many cool things. My dad asked my mum if we could do fire works but my mum said no because my cat and dog were hiding under the kitchen table so we drove down to the nearest park and blew up some bad boy fireworks.

I didn't want to hold one because I wasn't strong enough. Eventually, we went home. My sister had more than $200 from her birthday money so she gave each of us 20$ dollars each. Then we ate more cake and fell to sleep.

My favourite part of the day was being the best boss in the restaurant because everyone listened to me and eating the cake because it was delicious. I can't wait for my sweet sixteen and I hope it would be as big as this one.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use the correct language features in our recounts.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use sequencing words to begin each paragraph about my sister's sweet sixteenth birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.