Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Hmm, I wonder what the new deck will look like!

On Saturday the 18th of June, my dads friend came to my house with my cousin to renovate our house. They built a deck.
Image result for working tools cartoon
First my mum woke up my brother and I at 8 o'clock to clean up the backyard before they come so that they can straight away begin. We finished cleaning the backyard at 9 o'clock.

The workers arrived at our house at 9:30 in the morning.My dad led them to the backyard so that they could start. We all helped out in different ways. My brother and I helped by jumping into a big container to make room for the chairs that my mum wanted to throw away. My mum and dad helped by carrying all the pieces of wood to the backyard.

My sister cooked breakfast for all the workers. We had breakfast with them as well. We had bacon, egg, toast and milo. After we finished eating we sat in front of the T.V and watched youtube and my favourite movie on Netflix. Then my mum asked me to grab some of the bottles for the workers because they were thirsty.

After that, I had a little nap because I was tired. My mum woke me up and asked me if I wanted to go with her to buy pizzas or takeaway so we bought both. We only bought two pizzas because my dad called and said t just buy that pizzas for my brother, sister and older cousin.

When we got home, I called my brother and my sister to come and eat. The workers ate and after they have eaten they continued to work. My mum called out to them and said, "Do you guys need anything?" ut they said, "No it's ok." So my mum went inside to watch them because she was worried that my older cousin might get hurt from the electronic machineries like the saws and the drills.

By 6 o'clock, all the workers stopped working and said to my dad that they were going home. My dad said, "Thank you!" and the man told my dad that they are going to come back over the next three days.

Around 6:30, some people from Noel Leeming came to my house to deliver our new 55 inch television. The man showed my older sister how to set up the new television. When the people left, my sister went on youtube on the new TV and watched Wassabi Production, Laughing Samoan, The Dominic show and Fousey tube.

My favourite part was when the new television came because it was bigger and a newer model than the old television.

I felt exhausted because it was a really busy day. I can't wait to see the completion of the deck.

Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the Introduction, followed by the events and then the conclusion about the renovation of our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.