Pages

Sunday 12 June 2016

How many times can you sprint around a field without stopping?

Learning Intention: I am learning to write a recount. 
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion about my run along the Onehunga Foreshore Reserve.


It was a sunny day, my siblings and my mum went to Onehunga Foreshore Reserve for a run. We all rushed around the house getting ourselves ready. We travelled there in my dad's big, silver Jeep Wrangler.


When we arrived at the foreshore, my siblings and I did some warmups and stretches in the carpark. I jogged on the spot and I stretched out my arms, legs and neck so that my body would not hurt afterwards.


I went for a jog around the whole reserve 4 times without stopping while my brother and sister just sprinted around the reserve. First I jogged slowly because I wanted my energy to last but then I started sprinting after the  first lap. I went past  bumps and it felt like my stomach had butterflies because I had to go over the bumps and I didn't want to fall and embarrass myself in front of the others.


Finally, when I had finished jogging around the reserve 4 times I went to my mum who had also finished her run, and she told me to sprint the whole reserve again. I said, "Yes!" and did what she said. My sister ran with me and when we were running, she couldn't catch up with me because I was running as fast as a cheetah. I rehydrated myself by drinking some fresh, clean water.


When I finished sprinting around the reserve, my brother and my sister had also completed their run as well so we went to the park to play for a little bit, while my mum did her workout at the outdoor gym. When my mum finished her workout, we all hopped into the car and headed home.


When we got home, we were all so exhausted so we had a rest and ate some food to refuel. I had so much fun at the reserve.

My favourite part was when I was running around the reserve and playing in the park because I was improving my fitness just like my dad. This will help me to get ready for our 'Family challenge 24-7'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.