Pages

Thursday 15 September 2016

I finally performed my Samoan dance after 2 weeks of practice!

On Saturday the 10th of September, my mum, dad and I drove to my family concert at Mount Roskill. My sister didn't come with us because she went to her best friend's birthday party. When we were getting ready to leave, my mum packed my Samoan puletasi, red lipstick and a packet of hair pins. When we were all ready, we left the house.

On our way to the hall, we stopped to get some food for the family concert. After we arrived, I helped my cousin Sita to carry the radio that would blast out the music for the dancers. After we went inside, we had to set up the radio. 

While we were waiting for the rest of the family to arrive, we played X-factor in the children's room. My cousin Selevasio and I sang a song together. My cousin and I came first place. After a while, the rest of the family arrived. My dad led the prayer and then we all ate. I sat next to my cousin and ate with her.

Eventually, it was time to dance. I was the first to dance and I wore my puletasi with red lipstick with a c on my cheeks and my hair in a neat bun. I danced to the song La'u Samoa/ During my dance, I raised $352 dollars. Four of my cousins danced and one sang.

After that the parents had a small meeting while the kids played multiple games. I coloured in an online adult colouring book and I took many selfies with my family members.

Eventually, we all went home with a bowl of leftovers. I said goodbye to everyone and hopped into the car.

When we finally arrived home, I went straight to bed.

My favourite part was when I performed the La'u Samoa dance after 2 weeks and 4 hours of practice.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe my family concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.