Pages

Sunday 11 September 2016

What did you do for your father on Father's Day?

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts. 
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe the celebration that we had on Father's Day.


It was Father's Day on Sunday the 4th of September. My family and I woke up at six a.m. Once we were all downstairs, we all said happy father's day to my dad and we made my dad his special father's day omelette with salmon and gave it to him. My sister made pancakes, I made the eggs and the toast while my brother cooked the bacon.


When the food was finished, we all placed the food on the tray and went out to the deck under the shade for our feed. I sat on the hammock that was tied to the tree. My dad took some photos to post on his facebook page to show off to my other family members.


When the clock hit eight, we all got dressed to go to church so my dad could get blessed on his special day. When we were all ready, we rushed to get to church so we could join in the divine mercy prayer.


After mass, we all went home because my uncle Ngaro and Ringo came over to give my dad a present and to have a mini barbeque with our family. My dad bought a frozen pork for my brother to cook. My brother and my sister were on cooking duty and I was on decorating duty of the house.


My dad, uncle and grandpa all relaxed while we all did all the work. My sister baked a blue, red velvet cake with vanilla icing and edible decorations. There was also mash potatoes, pieces of steak, french fries, salmon and she also made my mum's special macaroni and cheese. My brother cooked Tongan umu pork.


After a while, I ran to the shop to get some decorating materials. I bought a big white coloured banner, 3 big paint brushes, big containers of paint, blue, green and yellow balloons, blue ribbons and a candle that said 'Happy Father's day'. I painted, 'Happy Father's day!!' using blue paint on the big white banner. After the paint has dried, I painted green balloons and hung the banner across the room with the help of my older cousin Linzee.


When the food was cooked, the presents were ready and the decoration was all prepped as well, we called all the fathers to come inside. When they came in, the whole room was dark and they couldn't see anyone. Then I turned on the light and everybody yelled out, "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!"


After a while, all the fathers grabbed a plate and filled up their plates with food. Then the rest of us filled up our plates as well. Then everyone watched a movie called, 'The three wise cousins'. Afterwards, We cut the cake and everyone had a piece with one scoop of vanilla ice cream.


Soon all the fathers opened up all the presents. It was fun watching their reactions, because they all received what they wanted. Then we all played 'guess who?' and my brother Lasike won the game.


After two hours of playing board games, everybody left the party.
The house was quiet so we decided to call all my uncles in Tonga to say Happy Father's day to them as well. After that, we went to bed because it was getting late.

My favourite part was when I decorated the house because I love to create my own decorations and it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.