Pages

Sunday 22 May 2016

I want to be a Netball coach when I grow up!

On Friday 6th of May, Room 7 played netball on the top court as part of our kiwisport programme. We met two professional coaches, their names were Tina and Mark. When we met them, we had to say our name, age and what we would like to be when we are older. I said that I wanted to be a netball coach when I get older.


After that we had to stand on the very first line of the court and jog to the last line of the court twice as part of our warm up. Next we stretched our bodies. When we finished, we paired up and practised our balance. We had to try and knock each other over balancing on one foot. If we get knocked over, we had to land on both feet.


My partner was Mary and she was stronger than me, so I lost. Then I picked an easier person and paired up with Kevin. Since Kevin is very skinny, I had to go easy on him, otherwise I might hurt him. Then Tina taught us how to chest pass. Mark gave us all a ball and we partnered up with another classmate. I picked my friend Rosary. Tina taught us four activities.


My favourite activity was when we were put into three groups. We passed to the left and had to run to the right. Then we switched and went the opposite direction by passing to the right and running to the left. It was my favourite part because we had to work out the orientation, that was fun and challenging.


When we finished our activities, we had a warm down. We stretched our arms and legs. Then our coach Tina asked us to name our class. Christian yelled out “Rock Solid” but some of us didn't agree so Tina said that we can come up with a class name at lunchtime. We said thank you and trotted off back to class.

It was so much fun and it helped us to build our fitness. I wonder what skills we will learn in our next netball session.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria:I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount: orientation, events, conclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.