Pages

Monday 15 August 2016

I hope my baby cousin gets better soon!

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts. 
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe my weekend.

On Friday the 12th of August my mum, brother, sister and I went to Middlemore Hospital to visit my newborn baby cousin who was ill. We drove around for a little while and then my mum finally found a parking and it was right next to the front entrance.

I was so excited to see my cousin and her mum. When we finally found the ward that she was in, I kissed my aunty and the baby. I was so shocked to see four tubes around her. We stayed there for 3 hours. We talked, laughed and told jokes. My mum was happy to see my aunty smiling after all the stress that she has been through.

After a while, everybody left the ward to go to the family room so we could spend some time with the baby.  Eti and I were first and we read a children's picture book and sang a lullaby to her. After everyone had a turn, we all had to leave because the visiting hour was up. We kissed the baby and aunty. My aunty's children were so sad because they didn't want to leave their little baby sister at the hospital.

Afterwards, we all went home to get some sleep because my mum and my aunty wanted us to go to the hospital again the next morning.

On Saturday the 13th of August, my aunty called my mum and she was panicking because the baby's condition had worsened and her heart beat had gone down to 40. Straight away my mum said that we are on our way but my aunty said that they were in the emergency room and that nobody could visit until they finish connecting the machine to the baby.

My aunty was so scared because she didn't want to lose the baby. My mum and I did some housework because we were all worried about our baby cousin/niece so we tried to keep ourselves busy. Afterwards, my aunty's son Tevita face timed my dad to show us the baby. Then the nurse came and said that the baby might not make it because she has two viruses and pneumonia. Everyone was so shocked so my family rushed to the hospital to see the baby again. We all hugged my aunty because she was crying. Then we all sat around the baby and prayed for her.  At the same time, we all sang a family song that we would always sing to the baby when she cries.

Eventually, the nurse came and said that we could all go home including my aunty because they were taking the baby into intensive care and the nurse would text my mum and my aunty to keep them updated everyday.

Afterwards, we all went home still worried about my baby cousin. After 20 minutes we finally arrived at our house. My mum kissed us all and said that the nurse will take care of my cousin and tucked us into bed so we could get some sleep after a long day.

My favourite part of the week was when we all gave my aunty a big hug because she needed it after all the stress that she has been through. I hope my baby cousin would come home soon. I feel so impatient because I can't wait for the updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.