Pages

Friday 12 August 2016

Wow! I made a golf tee in just five seconds!

On Thursday the 11th of August, Salome came back to our class so we could continue with exploring our Olympic sport. My sport was Golf. I wanted to continue working on my golf club and my golf ball.

First Salome told us what we needed to do. When she said go, we all ran to collect our materials and the creations that we have already made from the last two sessions. I went up straight away and grabbed the materials that I needed. I grabbed 4 pieces of paper and scrunched them all up into one ball. Then I grabbed some tape and wrapped it all around the paper ball.

After a while, I went to the painting station and painted the whole paper ball white. When I finished, I placed a paper towel under it and placed it on the bottom of the window frame so the sun can shine down on it to help it dry faster. After that, I went to help my friends to paint their sports equipment.

I tried to make a golf club but Salome said that we only had five more seconds left, so I grabbed a skewer and a mini plastic cup and glued the bottom of the skewer (not the pointy end) to the middle of the mini plastic cup from the bottom.
Eventually, Salome called out pack up time, so we rushed around the classroom trying to get the classroom clean as fast as we could. We were as fast as a cheetah and soon our classroom was spotless.

My favourite part was when I made a tee in just five seconds because I didn't think I would be able to. Today was fun and I hope I will be able to finish making my golf club in the next session before our presentation.


Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the language feature of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I group my ideas in order using sequencing words about our Thursday art session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.