Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Mmm! Barbecued patties are so delicious!


On the 20th of August, my family decided to have a barbecue at my grandpa's house. We went there in the car and I felt really excited because I couldn't wait to see all my relatives.

When we arrived at my grandpa’s house, we started cooking for the whanau. We made potato salad and vegetable salad. I had to peel the fresh potatoes with my mum and my aunt. It was a lot of fun because I love to cook.

Next, my mum and I had to wait for the food to cook. While we were waiting for the food to cook, we played with a deck of cards to fill in the time. My mum and I played speed and it was really fun. The aim of the game is to get rid of all your cards and once you get rid of all your cards you have to say, “Speed!” It was really hard to teach my mum the rules of the game.

After a while my brother, cousins  and I went outside to play with the red and white rugby ball. We played touch and it was so much fun. My brother was so hard to compete against because he has been playing rugby at his rugby club for 3 years.

Then it was time to eat the barbeque that my uncle had prepared. The food was delicious. We had different kinds of foods such as chicken, sausage, patties, potato salad, potato chips and vegetable salad. We also had some sour cream and onion as a dip for the potato chips.  It was delightful.

When we finished eating, the adults had a meeting which meant that we had to keep quiet. We played an obstacle race and we tried really hard not to scream like a rooster. When the sun went down, my sister and I looked through a word find book because I love doing word finds. We went through really hard word finds and kept on skipping the words that we couldn't work out. We had a competition to see who would finish their word find first and my sister won.

My family was sitting in front of the television waiting for our favourite family movie that was based in New Zealand called Born To Dance to be broadcast. It was 12.00 am when the movie started and everyone was quiet. When the movie ended, everyone was tired so we said a little family prayer to our Father above.

Finally it was time to go home because it was really late. I was exhausted and my belly was full of food.

I had so much fun at my aunt's house with my family. My favourite part was eating the food because I love having barbecued food.


Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts. 

Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe the barbecue that I had with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.